As an oasis in West Texas, San Angelo is somewhat removed from the national exposure to COVID-19, however, our local economy will feel the impact of meeting cancellations, travel bans, and wild swings in the financial markets. We encourage you to continue shopping local and shopping small to bolster our economy during this time. Also, please remain informed of any COVID-19 updates and news by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention online at their website, or follow them on Facebook.
How to Support Local Business During COVID-19
- Order takeout or delivery instead of dining in a restaurant.
- Get creative about how you greet others. Skip the handshake and instead opt for a friendly wave!
- Share any spare hand sanitizer you may have with local businesses.
- Purchase gift cards now for later use.
- Shop at your favorite local retail stores by visiting their websites.
- Pay with plastic when possible… paper money can reportedly be covered in more germs than the average household toilet.
- Call in your order as a way to minimize time spent in a store, or purchase items now for future pick up.
- If you have a membership to a gym or club, be sure to keep that membership current as many businesses rely on those dues to operate.
- Check on small business owners and employees during this time and consider offering to help if you can!
- Understand that difficult decisions will be made. These may include abbreviating operating hours or even store closure at this time.
- Follow local business news by visiting their website or their Facebook page to be aware of their business operations during COVID-19.
- Continue to wash your hands and follow preventative guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
- If you’re feeling unwell or sick, stay home.
Business Operations During COVID-19
If you’re a business operating during COVID-19, be sure to check out these resources on how to safely and effective operate during this outbreak.
Shop Local During COVID-19
Retail stores and fun destinations have been hard at work ensuring proper safety protocols are in place to combat COVID-19. Though these protocols vary from business to business, the entire business community in San Angelo is dedicated to providing shoppers a safe environment to visit and play.
Listed below are member businesses and their current operating states as of April 3:
- BackBeat Music Company – OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Casa Decor – CURBSIDE DELIVERY/PICK UP
- Christoval Vineyards – PLACE ORDERS ONLINE TO BE SHIPPED TO YOU OR TAKE OUT ORDERS
- The Desert Paintbrush – SHOP ONLINE
- Eggemeyer’s General Store – CURBSIDE PICK UP
- Family Powersports – OPEN/CURBSIDE PICK UP/DELIVERY
- Grigsby’s Boutique – DELIVERY/SHOP ONLINE
- Holland’s Jewelry – OPEN
- In Vino Veritas – CURBSIDE PICK UP/DELIVERY
- Legend Jewelers – OPEN
- Madstyle Vintage – OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AND OPEN 1PM – 5PM ON SATURDAYS
- Myers Drug – OPEN/CURBSIDE PICK UP/DELIVERY
- Old Town Books – SHOP ONLINE/PICK UP/DELIVERY
- Phat Catz Gaming – OPEN/SHOP ONLINE
- Pretty in Pink Boutique – SHOP ONLINE
- The Roost Boutique – SHOP ONLINE
- Shabby Chic of Dreams – SHOP ONLINE
- So Unique Boutique – SHOP ONLINE
- Take A Break Relaxation Center – OPEN
- Target – OPEN
- Walgreens – OPEN
Dine Local During COVID-19
Restaurants in and around San Angelo are aware of COVID-19 and have set extra precautions in place at this time. These precautions include:
- “No Hand Shaking Zones” in restaurants and a general three foot rule between parties.
- Removing table settings and condiments on tables and sanitizing them after each use.
- Additional disinfecting of tables, chairs, and booths between seating.
- Continuing to practice proper sanitation techniques at the highest level.
- Taking advantage of pickup and to-go options when available.
Listed below are member restaurants and specialty food stores and their current operating states as of April 3:
- Angry Cactus West Texas Bar & Grill – CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Bahama Buck’s – TAKEOUT/DRIVE THRU
- Ban Moon Lao & Thai Restaurant – CLOSED MARCH 30-APRIL 4; OPEN FOR TAKEOUT BEGINNING APRIL 5
- Basil – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Bodacious Bar-B-Q – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Chang Thai – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen – CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Chicken Express (Southwest) – DRIVE THRU
- Chicken Express (North Bryant) – DRIVE THRU
- Chick-Fil-A (Sherwood Way) – DRIVE THRU/CURBSIDE
- Chick-Fil-A (Knickerbocker) – DRIVE THRU
- Chick-Fil-A (Sunset Mall) – CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Cielo Mexican Restaurant – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Cowboy-Up Chocolates – ORDER ONLINE
- Dairy Queen – DRIVE THRU
- Diego’s Burritos – DRIVE THRU/DELIVERY
- DoubleDave’s Pizzaworks – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Dun Bar Motel Restaurant & Catering – TAKEOUT
- Fatty’s Grill – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Firehouse Subs – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers – DRIVE THRU
- Fuentes Cafe Downtown – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT
- Halfmann’s Cake Cottage – CLOSED
- Helen’s Bistro & Bakery Chapter 2 – CURBSIDE
- Jimmy John’s – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Kona Ice – CURBSIDE/DELIVERY DAILY FROM 1PM – 7PM WEATHER PERMITTING
- The Latest Scoop – TAKEOUT
- Lonestar Cheeseburger Company – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Mathis Field Cafe – TAKEOUT
- Nacho’s Restaurant Cantina & Grill – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Newk’s Eatery of San Angelo – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- NobiliTea – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – OPEN/CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- The Penny Tap House – CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Raising Cane’s – DRIVE THRU/TAKEOUT
- Rosa’s Cafe (Sherwood Way) – DRIVE THRU/TAKEOUT
- Rosa’s Cafe (Knickerbocker) – DRIVE THRU/TAKEOUT
- Roxie’s Diner – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE
- Senor Changs – DRIVE THRU/CURBSIDE/DELIVERY/GROCERY SALES
- Shenanigan’s Sports Bar – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Tacos Locos Locos Tacos – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE/GROCERY SALES
- Tacos OJ – DRIVE THRU
- Taqueria Jalisco – TAKEOUT/DELIVERY
- Texas Roadhouse – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE
- TJ’s Frozen Yogurt & Gourmet Coffee – CURBSIDE
- Tossed Fresh Food Fast – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE
- Twisted Root Burger Co. – TAKEOUT/CURBSIDE/DELIVERY
- Wendy’s – DRIVE THRU
- Whataburger (Sherwood Way) – DRIVE THRU
- Whataburger (North Bryant) – DRIVE THRU
- Zero One Ale House – CURBSIDE/TAKEOUT/DELIVERY