March 14, 2020
Dear Chamber Members,
As you may know, concerns about COVID-19 have been on the rise and we have been monitoring the situation closely with local and state officials. Although there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in San Angelo or the Concho Valley, we are aware of individuals self-reporting and self-quarantining in the area, as well as those who have traveled to areas with high exposure and a high concentration of confirmed cases.
We have made the decision to cancel our upcoming luncheon that was scheduled to take place on Tuesday, March 17 at the McNease Convention Center. If you have prepaid for this luncheon or are a luncheon sponsor you will receive a complete refund, beginning on Monday, March 16.
The safety of everyone in our community is of utmost importance and we encourage you to continue taking precautionary measures recommended by the CDC to combat COVID-19. These measures include:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- If you are sick calling ahead to your medical provider before seeking medical care.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Cleaning & disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
In light of the COVID-19 situation we are also aware that daily business practices and overall commerce has shifted. We encourage you to continue to shop local and support small businesses. Here are a few ways you can continue to support the local economy while following the CDC’s preventative measures:
- Buy gift cards now for later use.
- Shopping online to support retail.
- Using a delivery service to support restaurants.
We also understand that business operations will more than likely function differently during this time. We encourage you to explore the resources available from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Texas Department of Health Services, the CDC, Facebook, and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
This is a situation that we will continue to monitor and work closely with state, county, city and health care officials on. As always, please remain safe and practice preventative measures. To keep up with all Chamber news and announcements, please visit www.sanangelo.org or www.facebook.com/sanangelochamberofcommerce.
Your Chamber of Commerce Staff